Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Privilege...

I saw this quote yesterday, and it has stuck with me since:


It is a privilege denied to many. That is the part that has been spinning around on repeat in my mind.

How many times do I complain about what is a privilege, taking for granted that I deserve only hell but receive only grace?

Seeing things as privileges changes everything:

I'm stressed about how much there is to read and learn about being a new mom? The fact that I can read is a privilege denied to many. 

I'm feeling overwhelmed by the number of doctor's appointments that have been added to our schedule? Accessible medical care close to home is a privilege denied to many. 

The internet is slow and a browser keeps crashing? Having access to internet puts me among the richest people of the world; it is a privilege denied to many. 

I don't feel like tackling the dishes in the sink? Those dishes are evidence that I had a good meal last night and went to bed with my stomach full -- a privilege denied to many. 

I can't go on walks (my favorite thing) this week until my fluid levels prove they're safely high enough? I have a life spinning inside me. This (let me never forget), and my ability to be home instead of losing a day's wage, is a privilege denied to so, so many. 

Even our access to Jesus is a privilege that, before he came, was a privilege denied to all but Jews. If we gain nothing else or lose everything but, Jesus' presence is a privilege denied to many. 

We are a privileged people.

May "thank you" be on our lips every moment this week.

I think she's a pretty beautiful reason, don't you think?

Baby Weaver at 30 Weeks (we think she has Patrick's nose :) )



No comments:

Post a Comment